We are seeking a Staff Accountant who is organized, detail oriented, and has experience working within all areas of a small finance department. Past experience would include a background in Invoicing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll management, and General Ledger entry. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for the important data entry and organization that goes into managing a department processing a high volume of information.
- Entry of customer invoices for new contracts and existing contracts; this includes working with the Contract Specialist and Operations to ensure that invoices are being sent accurately and timely.
- Be responsible for monthly bank reconciliations and subsequent data entry required to close the month.
- Be responsible for monthly credit card entry and substantiation of receipts.
- Work with Procurement Specialist and Facilities/Receiving to ensure all laboratory products that are ordered are received into QuickBooks; take ownership of A/P entry as invoices are received to ensure that bills are paid timely. Manage products that are tracked for inventory purposes.
- Manage Accounts Receivable along with Finance Director and follow up directly with Clients as necessary.
- Assist in compilation of payroll information and management of HR documentation.
- Work with other internal departments to fulfill requests as they relate to accounting, acting as a backstop for the Finance Director.
- Be aware of the company budget and forecast, in order to assist Finance Director in helping Department Heads receive the reporting required to manage their departments.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting procedures and processes.
- Assist Finance Director with various projects; other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred; Associates degree in Accounting would be considered if candidate has 5+ years of experience.
- QuickBooks experience required; 2+ years intensive use preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and processes at once.
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime, as required to meet deadlines (certain weeks of the month are heavier than others, as is typical in accounting).
- Must be able and willing to handle and keep confidential company information.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Experience working directly with clients is a plus.
- Experience working with inventory is a plus.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting or laboratory setting is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation package (based on experience), competitive medical, dental and 401(k) plans, paid vacation and more.
Learn about Contract Research Organization Jobs at KCAS